Tuesday, February 7, 2012

School Days

This is what happens when I go back to school. Anything that is remotely creative or part of my expressive self gets neglected. I think I have to spend every waking moment doing homework. Then I remember, college is not like university where your entire existence is based upon finishing the readings for tomorrow's seminar so you do not look like a complete dunce in discussion! There are alot of assignments on a weekly basis but nothing to kill myself over and due to my great time management skills from 6 years of post-secondary education, I get these assignments done in no time. First semester turned out not to be do bad. I was nervous about this current semester because I had a full class load and a weekly full day volunteer position at a museum. Plus, I am working part-time. However, so far it has not been so bad.

Which has meant, I need to get my shit together. Time to bring balance back into my routine and stop vegging out on the couch after a long day. Even if I do, pull over the laptop and update the blog, write a poem, create a music video etc...

Here's to another go at this.

As well, as part of this new resolution, I am back in the kitchen! Well, I never really left, however, I was finding I was slacking in my meals both planning and trying new recipes. Well no more! I got a few new cookbooks for Christmas and I am slowly getting back to cooking more then just our staple meals.

Plus, I was also finding I was beginning to feel sluggish and not as energetic as I normally did. I knew it was because I wasn't making enough nutrious meals or even eating enough throughout the day. That has been stopped. Now that I think about it, since I have revived my healthier eating habits and eating regular meals and snacks, this sense of "Get you act together" is back.

Anyway, I will be back posting about delicious vegan meals, thoughts on the environment (which is on my mind more now that I am taking a Green Living course), animal rights and the spiritual connection -by the way- I started doing yoga a few months ago. I do not know why I resisted it for so long. It may seem intimadating but it is alot of fun and feels so darn good. I enjoy the combination of exercise and meditation.

Well, I must get going. But I will leave you with this.

This was a recent meal from my latest cookbook - Robin Robertson - Quick Fix Vegan.

Can you guess what it is? It is Seitan Gyros with Vegan tzatiki sauce. Gyros were one of our favourite meals from the local Sub place before we went Vegan. You would not believe how happy I was when I found this recipe.

We have eaten them four times already!

No comments: