Sunday, July 31, 2011

In this Prefect Weather, We'll find a place together.

A design re-vamp! Can you tell I am getting nostalgic for autumn? Though the summer is great, not only because of my birthday, but because everyone seems to be a bit more relaxed. However, I don't handle the heat and humidity very well.

With August 1st on the horizon, I am excited because the days will cool off and it will be nicer to cook and bake whatever I want.  In North Bay, summer's were not so bad because it would get really hot for a few hours and then cool right down. In Ottawa, I find it gets humid and stays hot. Don't get me wrong, we have had some great storms. I love a good thunderstorm - dim the lights, pop in an old horror movie or read a good book. Sometimes, Nathaniel and I would just watch the rain while listening to music and do explorations of perplexing thoughts or emotions. But the humidity and heat has really dampened my cooking ambitions. Where in the Fall, I feel that is the season I thrive - PUMPKIN EVERYTHING! ;)

I LOVE the smell, the colors, the sights of fall. There is something about the seasons that warms my heart. Halloween is my favorite Holiday. Now that I have discovered the greatness that is Tofurkey, I enjoy Thanksgiving. I find that I live to be outdoors more often - everything about the seasons is just great.  The other day, Nathaniel and I were in Michaels and I wondered into their seasonal section. They have started pulling out decorations for Fall, which made me very excited. I also found myself smelling multiple candles called Apple Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Harvest, Apple Cinnamon - if those candles were environmentally friendly, I would have taken them home and shut the doors and windows and filled our home with the aroma of Fall.

There is also another reasons why I enjoy the season so much. Last year, I married my soul mate on the most beautiful Fall day.

On October 3rd 2010, Nathaniel and I got married in a private ceremony with close friends and his parents. We eloped! We both agreed that a large wedding was not us. Since then why stress to plan and pay for one. If anything, we love each other and we were both ready to make that commitment to one and other. I would never change my wedding day for the world. It was prefect every moment of it.

The Wedding was completely Vegan. I busied myself making all the meals, snacks and desserts for the weekend. While I was more concerned about the food then I was about getting ready for my own wedding. My good friend Ashley kept me on my toes. She was more freaked that I was getting married then I was. Thank goodness for her and her boyfriend, Mike being there to help out and give us many good laughs the night and day before. They were our witnesses and two friends who have been with Nathaniel and I since we met. Ashley was the one who told me we would get together one day, I thought she was crazy at the time!

Despite it being a sunny day, it was a bit cold and we knew I would not make it long outside in my little dress. So Nathaniel's mother had the great idea to bring the outdoors inside for the ceremony.

 The guys went out and gathered leaves and branches and we brought the Muskoka fall outdoors inside their living room.

Our Ceremony was preformed by a woman who struck a cord with us the day we met her. When we arrived at her home to meet her, her first comment was that she had just said goodbye to the angels that had been helping her that day. Nathaniel and I looked to each other and knew we found the right individual to help his finalize our physical and spiritual union. Our ceremony was completely created by us. I walked in to the music of Enya, Nathaniel was dressed in an official Tai-Chi outfit, we performed a candle ceremony with each member present lighting a candle the represent aspects of union, and Nathaniel and I recited our vows that started with Tom Petty songs that remind each of us of the other and added what we felt was appropriate at the moment. I was amazed I was able to talk while I cried. Thank goodness for Nathaniel's father bring laughter into the ceremony with running to get matches for the candles - I was finding it hard to breathe.

Some pictures!


Jessica descending down the staircase. When I got to the second last stair, I felt my legs go like jelly and I stopped breathe. Nathaniel's mother was behind him and motioned for me to come forward, when I walked by her, se whispered to me that I needed to breathe.
  Our Candle ceremony. The Green candle represent new beginnings. The stand was made by Nathaniel's father the night before.
 Reciting our Tom Petty Lyrics and vows. I recited Walls by Tom Petty and Nathaniel sang (yes sang) Angel by Tom Petty. The reason for the songs is that they were the first two playing the first night we spent together. We talked all night and didn't share our first kiss the next day.
 Our Wedding Party :)


 This rings - chosen and engraved by Nathaniel. They are not crazy expensive but represent us strongly. In his ring we engraved "All you Need" and mine is engraved with "Is Love"

This is a statue given to me and Nathaniel by my brother and his fiancee a Christmas. At the time of my wedding, my brother and I were not talking, so having this statue as a centre piece at our wedding table was like having him there.








*Listening to - Tom Petty - Free Fallin'*

No comments: