Saturday, September 4, 2010

Goodbye Summer, Hello Fall

Wow! I apologize for my lack of updates. The past two weeks have been absolutely bonkers with work, traveling and being sick for a week.

Yes, I have been down with a nasty cold since I got back from Toronto on Monday and I am finally starting to feel better to actual do things instead of just sleep when I get home from work. I would have joined Nathaniel at the Brave Astronaut CD release party but I felt that after cooking dinner and baking some cookies I needed to rest this evening to be able to travel to Huntsville tomorrow for the rest of the Long weekend.

So yes, the week prior I was busy working and preparing to leave for TO for the Fan Expo!! It was my second year going and Nathaniel was able to join me this time. It was fantastic! We spent four days with my lovely fellow nerdy vegan friend Kelly, her boyfriend Brandon and his friend Stephan exploring the world of Horror, Anime, Sci-Fi, Comics and Gaming!

I am a huge nerd at heart and had a blast. I even budgeted enough that Nathaniel and I found some great stuff from all areas. I am looking forward to next years. Coming back from TO with a cold was diffidently worth going. As well, going and coming back from the Expo has began to symbolize the end of Summer and the beginning of Fall for me! I am very excited about. I love Fall and the smells and sights that it brings. Plus I look forward to all the harvest cooking and baking I will be doing this year and it will all be VEGAN! My first fall as a Vegan. I can't wait to do my first Vegan Thanksgiving. It should be interesting.

I can't wait to be more active in updating. Plus, this September Nathaniel has promised to help me with my French language skills. Now that should be interesting!

No comments: